I would like to share a great app for the iPad (it is only for the iPad/iPad mini). iDoceo is an amazing app that does everything you can do with a grade book. It's a great way to store your data from all the assessments you do in your classroom. This will come in handy when it's time to show your data for the new teacher evaluation that many of us are having to face.
This is not a free app, it does cost $5.99, but it's worth every penny.
They also have a website where you can learn how to use the app.
What's also nice about the seating charts is you can do a quick attendance (as seen above), or you can select an assessment to score them on. All you have to do is tap their picture and it will put the grade on their picture. Just keep tapping their picture until it puts the score you want the student to have.
You can also input scores in the class list. The student's picture also shows up on the class list. I input score both ways. Most of the time I will input the score in the class list view. I use the seating chart view to take attendance.
You can use any grading system you want. It comes with several different types of grading, but you can create your own.
Another good feature is that you can color the students name plate. I color them for the risers. At one school I do have flipforms and I color code the seating chart for the color of the flipform. I have concert risers at my other school and I color by section on the risers.
I am still learning how to use all the features and there are many that I still haven't used.
Other things you can do with the app:
1. create as many categories for each class. I have: rhythm, melody, turns, attendance, and music concepts.
2. You can record the students and it will store it under their name. I haven't used this feature, but it would be great for assessments.
3. You can put parent contact info in or make specials notes about the students( e.g. medical concerns, behavior concerns, or whatever info you want to put in.)
4. When you delete a student or class, you can recover it later. It stores all the deleted items in the recycle area.
5. You can copy students and assignments from one class to another. The downside is it won't copy the student's scores. You would have to re-input them into the new class.